Best Web Hosting 2021
The spectacular rise in the use of the Internet across the globe is not hidden from anyone. There are already more than 4 billion users all across the world. Moreover, these numbers are only going to increase in the future.
Some estimates claim that there are more than 380 new sites launched each minute to the existing number of 1.5 billion sites on the Internet. It means that there are nearly 6 new websites launched by the time you read this sentence.
Naturally, the global web has become a vital platform for many businesses and world organizations. However, the process of creating and maintaining a website is not easy at all. There are various elements that businesses need to consider in this case.
One of the most critical factors is web hosting. This service refers to the business that provides the technologies needed for any webpage or website to be viewable on the Internet.
It can also help the businesses in getting the domains if you do not have one for your sites. Hence, the benefits of those platforms are dynamic in nature.
However, the quality of service is not the same for each provider. Especially if you are new to this market, you may face a wide range of issues and setbacks before you finally find a hosting provider that presents quality services at an acceptable rate.
For this, you need to know about the various types of web services and their providers in a web hosting UK review. If you have no idea about these elements, you are in the right place. Our team will tell you all about the different websites, along with their different providers in the UK. In addition, we will give you all the necessary info on the best and cheapest UK web hosting and their reviews.
Top 10 best web hosting the UK
Firstly, you need to know about the best web services in the UK. The following are the top ten web hosting providers on our UK reviews:
Eweb.net is a free online resource that offers valuable content and comparison services to users. To keep this resource 100% free for users, we receive advertising compensation from the hosts listed on this page. Along with key review factors, this compensation may impact how and where hosts appear on the page (including, for example, the order in which they appear). Eweb.com does not include listings for all web hosts.
Cheap web hosting
Naturally, one of the most important considerations for you when looking for the best UK hosting is pricing. You need to make sure that the option you go for falls within your budget.
As made clear in the list above, the rates of services vary among different platforms for the best hosting UK. The usual rates are around £1- £3.50 per month. For a good choice, it is worth considering multiple indicators:
- Your hosting should have high uptime. This will provide an excellent opportunity for the website to be always accessible to users.
- The overall download speed of the website should also be at a high level since users will definitely not want to spend their time waiting too long.
- Depending on the traffic to the website, you should look at traffic per month. This bandwidth should be enough for the resource to function stably.
Therefore, it is necessary to select a tariff plan that will meet absolutely all your requirements. In addition, Cheap hosting often simplifies software setup and the use of pre-installed technologies. You can do all this with the intuitive control panel installed on the server.
The server where the site files are stored is actually the same computer. It has a CPU, RAM, and hard disk (HDD or SSD). But providing a whole server for the operation of only one simple site (which does not use a lot of resources) is very expensive. Therefore, the best UK hosting providers place different websites at one powerful server. All of them simultaneously use the processor and memory. This type is called Shared hosting.
It is the most popular and common solution because of being one of the cheapest options for website owners. But it has one crucial disadvantage: if another website began to overload the server too much, then your site will start to slow down, or it will stop loading at all.
UK Hosting providers, of course, limit the number of websites that can be hosted as well as databases and disk space. Moreover, they make tariff plans based on this. It means that the more sites you host and the more disk space they occupy, the more you will have to pay. If your web resource has much incoming traffic, then it needs much more resources.
Cloud technology is the simultaneous use of the resources of several servers. The main feature of cloud hosting is the ability to purchase resources according to your needs and pay for services depending on the load on the server.
When purchasing a cloud hosting, you just need to choose what size of disk space you will need for your website. Also, hosting payment will depend on how much processor time was spent working with your data.
The key benefits of cloud hosting are:
- Accessibility. Your websites will be available 24 hours, 7 days a week. Hosting is not located on one server but uses the resources of a whole network of servers. Moreover, for the optimal operation of all sites in such a system, load balancer and disk space sharing are used.
- Flexibility. For cloud hosting, you can choose the optimal configuration of resources for the needs of a particular site.
- Reliability. Through the use of a network of servers, your sites will work most stably. One or more servers will provide computing resources, more servers will backup data, and others, if necessary, will restore these backups. This scheme of work simply eliminates the glitches or inaccessibility of your web recourse.
- Payment. You pay only for those resources that you need. If more power is required, you can always improve the configuration of cloud hosting or vice versa.
A VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. VPS hosting is one of the most popular UK hosting services for your site. It uses virtualization technology to provide you with dedicated (private) resources on a server with multiple users.
VPS hosting is more secure and stable compared to shared hosting, where you do not get the dedicated server space. Although this solution is smaller and cheaper than renting a separate dedicated server.
Using virtualization technology, your hosting provider installs a virtual layer on top of your operating system (OS). This level divides the server into parts and allows each user to install their own OS and programs.
Therefore, a virtual private server (VPS) is both virtual and private, since you have full control. It is separated from other server users at the OS level. By the way, VPS technologies are similar to creating partitions on your own computer when you want to run more than one OS (for example, Windows and Linux) without rebooting.
VPS hosting is usually chosen by website owners who have average traffic indicators that exceed shared hosting restrictions but do not yet require the resources of a separate dedicated server.
Dedicated server hosting
The dedicated solution is another type of web hosting UK. Under this option, there is a dedicated server along with full resources for a single provider. Hence, it is an exclusive form of site maintenance.
It usually goes along VPS solutions plans on WordPress due to a similarity between both the plans. Unlike shared services, in a dedicated option, there is a single client on a server. So, it is a great fit for sites with high traffic.
Despite the fact that the charges are high, you can enjoy features like unlimited disk space and bandwidth if you choose to go with dedicated server opportunities. If you are looking for UK web hosting for your website with high traffic, the dedicated solution can be a suitable option. The key advantages are:
- Full control over resources
- Availability of all server resources 24/7
- 24/7 technical support
- No risk of viruses from other web resources
Reseller hosting UK is another popular type of web solution. The main idea of this option is that the owner of the account has the capability to use the space for maintaining other sites. It is a good fit for UK fast hosting as it allows a higher level of speed with some additional benefits. The reselling can be in the form of a dedicated as well as a shared solution. This way, the owner can cover the costs of website maintenance services.
One attractive feature of reseller hosting is that the seller does not need a piece of extensive knowledge about the different technical aspects of the web hosting to resell it further. Hence, it is a good option for starters in this field.
Also, it usually comes along a standard SSL encryption. It means that your site will automatically get a free SSL encryption certificate that will be visible to the visitors on the site. It provides ample security features to the site of the seller as well as the buyer.
In addition, you will be satisfied with the price of such hosting, especially if your site is not very heavy or if it requires any non-standard hosting configuration with special settings. The main advantages of this hosting from UK providers are:
- Affordable price
- Possibility of custom hosting configuration
- Individual consultations of your hosting provider (often hosting resellers provide their customers with quality and attentive service, as their responsibilities include providing services to a significantly smaller number of customers than large hosting companies.)
- The reseller often has its own sites on this hosting and knows first-hand how to solve some common problems.
A distinctive feature of Windows hosting is the use of the Windows Server operating system and support for ASP.NET, while usually shared hosting involves a pre-installed Linux system. Windows hosting provides access to all the necessary tools:
- ASP.NET modules
- MSSQL or Access databases
- MS Sharepoint features
- Windows Resource Manager.
The cost of Windows hosting is usually higher than other solutions because, together with the resources, the provider also gives you access to a licensed operating system.
In general, Windows hosting can be recommended for professional webmasters who know exactly what benefits they will get when using Microsoft technologies. Other users, especially those who still do not understand the difference between MySQL and MSSQL, should pay attention to other types of UK hosting solutions.
Domain hosting is the following form of web service. To understand this option, you first need to know what a domain is. A domain refers to the address or name that is a part of the URL. The users find any site by using its domain name. Hence, domain hosting it’s a type of solution when the site gets its own domain name by purchasing the web maintenance service from a particular provider.
The top UK providers usually offer this type of hosting, but the rates for such solutions are usually higher because you do not need to link anything between each other and all the setup process goes automatically.
Email hosting aims to provide the user with a dedicated mailbox with additional protection. Among the main features, this type of UK hosting offers:
- Extra protection for emails;
Mailbox protection is an essential option. Each of the users must have encountered spam when advertising messages of various nature arrive in the mail. On corporate mail, such messages account for ten times more, and this is a serious problem. Email hosting protects from spam that is one of the main tasks that mail servers should solve.
- Constant availability your mailbox;
The stability of the work and the constant availability of email hosting is another strength of this option. You will not fall victim to a server crash or a lack of access to your mailbox.
- Binding letters to a corporate domain.
This type of hosting links mail to your own domain. It has a low cost and is popular among corporate clients.
Another feature worth mentioning is round-the-clock technical support and the possibility of increasing disk space.
WordPress web hosting UK is undoubtedly one of the most popularly used forms of web maintenance solutions. There is an element of optimization to cater to the needs of the WordPress platform in a much better way. This type of the best web maintenance UK usually comes along features like one-click WordPress installation.
In some cases, your WordPress software may be updated on its own by the WordPress hosts. It is important to note that this option is available in a shared as well as a dedicated format. Also, there are very few requirements like a host with PSP 5.2.4 or MySQL 5.0.15 or higher.
In simple words, almost every host can handle UK WordPress services. To choose the best UK WordPress hosting, you need to look up to and analyze:
- server response speed;
- availability of free domain;
- technical support;
- cPanel availability;
- technical capabilities;
- localization of hosting servers;
- speed, uptime, reliability.
UK Magento hosting is also a popular form of web services. It refers to the web maintenance that provides compatibility with Magento. Magento is a useful e-commerce software that presents a wide number of features for running an online store.
However, Magento does not provide host options. Ideally, you must host Magento in a complete LAMP stack and fast server environment. It is because of the nature of the provider at hand and its compatibility. For the best results, you must follow this pathway. There are different sites like SiteGround that offer the best Magento maintenance UK.
Also, it would be great to pair Magento with additional features like SSL encryption and CDN. It is a good option for cheap web provider UK as the rates for Magento hosting are much lower than some other options available on the market.
If you are looking to create and run a site for e-commerce, Magento hosting is clearly one of the best options for you.
Without any doubt, among the large variety of management systems, Joomla is the most attractive one. A newly made website is usually hosted on a specific server, and that’s when Joomla hosting comes in handy. Due to the fact that such web maintenance has an incredibly rich system of extensions, as well as a system for installing them, this definitely adds the functionality necessary for a full-fledged business to your new site.
It is important to remember that the channel for data transfer from Joomla to the hosting must necessarily be as fast as possible. Moreover, this is crucial in order to be able to ensure the perfect operation of the site. This is really one of the most critical requirements that are actually put forward for Joomla hosting UK.
Always take into account the amount of disk space of the server itself and, of course, the bandwidth of individual Internet channels of the provider that Joomla hosting offers.
What is cPanel? First of all, this is the ability to manage all aspects of your hosting using a single interface. For ordinary users, this CPanel hosting will be convenient thanks to a well-thought-out graphical interface, quick installation of plugins and add-ons, automatic updating of components, and the broadest support for modules and services, for any type of web project.
Reseller-hosting package owners and system administrators get even more features with WHM tools. With CPanel hosting, you can personally:
- configure the most convenient billing panel and connect various payment methods through it;
- install an SSL certificate;
- manage the access and functionality of each user.
CPanel hosting UK has a very convenient and intuitive interface, complemented by detailed video instructions for setting up the functionality. Buying this type of hosting is almost the same as managing a shared solution, gaining wider hosting capabilities. This allows the user to independently carry out most of the hosting management activities without the help of system administrators. The key advantages are:
- Convenience and speed. By having a CPanel web maintenance solution, you can load a website in just a few minutes. Connect various site modules without leaving the control panel. Choose the desired functionality and install add-ons in a few clicks.
- Security and antispam. cPanel contains built-in protection against various types of attacks, and also filters email from spam and most viruses.
- Backups and statistics. Using the cPanel hosting, you get the opportunity to back up your sites automatically and analyze traffic statistics for your web resources.
Choosing the best hosting UK is not an easy task if you are just a beginner. Therefore, before going with any option, you have to thoroughly analyze all the pros and cons of the particular provider. Here is what you should look up to in order to get the right hosting for you:
- Free space for your website. Estimate how much space your site really needs (given that it will grow and develop) and choose a tariff plan accordingly;
- The maximum size of the traffic that you can get for this money. Analyze if you are planning a viral website promotion or buying a large amount of traffic through advertising channels, then your site may exceed the traffic limit, and you will have to pay for this excess;
- Availability of support for your scripts and other technologies;
- Additional options: email address, which includes the name of your domain, FTP-access to files.
- The ability to install one of the popular CMS “in one click”;
- Responsiveness and efficiency of technical support.
- Protection against viruses and DDOS attacks.